The demand of portable communication equipments made the companies to produce more transceivers at lower cost. This has led to an intense interest in integrating the components as many as possible. One of the components that have been practically hard to integrate Because of the low quality of on chip passive components is the VCO (voltage controlled oscillator).
in Si IC technologies it is difficult to build integrated VCOs with high level of performance. Specially, the low Q (quality factor) of on chip inductors, and the poor linearity of on-chip varactors makes the limiting factors which determine the phase noise performance. Having poor on chip passives has forced many designers to imply off-chip Components in order to achieve acceptable performance levels. But this will consequently have many additional and costly design steps including board design and addition of many extra components, and also the complexity of bond wires (routs) and transmission lines which lead the performance of VCOs with off-chip passive elements inferior to completely integrated.
Key to design a good on-chip VCO is the availability of highly linear on chip varactor and high quality inductor. To approach this end, many complicated processing, and design techniques have been attempted to improve these devices. The software which has been used in this Project is ASITIC.
There were four main Goals in this Project.
1) Explore a circuit topology to build the VCO and develop good design methodologies for designing high performance on-chip VCO. As well designing the on-chip inductor for the LC tank which is needed.
2) Develop an amplifier and output filter
3) Optimizing the system to guarantee the stability of the system and the expected output power .and satisfying the input power limit.
4) Designing the chip Layout, considering all the technical points like the parasitic capacitors .the breakdown voltage and power limit of the Transistors and the other elements.
Chapter 2 of this thesis will review basic oscillator theory Chapter 3 will discuss differential oscillator design. Chapter 4 will be about the Amplifier design and theory and also the stability. Chapter 5 will describe the inductor layout and design. In chapter 6 the matching circuits will be discussed, chapter 7 presents the simulation of the inductors and the oscillator and finally the whole system. The 8Th chapter will show the chip layout and some technical features. […]
The demand of portable communication equipments made the companies to produce more transceivers at lower cost. This has led to an intense interest in integrating the components as many as possible. One of the components that have been practically hard to integrate Because of the low quality of on chip passive ...
Versandkostenfreie Lieferung! (eBook-Download)
Als Sofort-Download verfügbar
- Artikel-Nr.: SW9783836620444
- Artikelnummer SW9783836620444
- Verlag Diplom.de
- Seitenzahl 97
- Veröffentlichung 09.10.2008
- ISBN 9783836620444
- Verlag Diplom.de